Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by dh...@curvet.net on 2003/12/22 12:31:59 UTC

postgres configuration

 Hello all

                 i am Inserting data to  postgresql question please help me solve this problem  i am not given any username ans password by the time of creating db what should be the username and password and how shout i use -i option for starting postmaster
pls help me

configuration i made are

I am connecting postgresql and inserting some data and
i made in pg_hdb.conf file to             host      all       all       127.0.0.0      255.255.255.255    trust

and postgresql.conf  to tcpip_socket =true

pls
help me solve the problem

Regards
Dhayalan.G

[root@localhost root]# java HelloPostgresql test root ""

***Exception:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.
       at org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.openConnection(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:204)
       at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:139)
       at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
       at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
       at HelloPostgresql.<init>(HelloPostgresql.java:21)
       at HelloPostgresql.main(HelloPostgresql.java:102)
what should be the solution to solve this problem

[OT] Re: postgres configuration

Posted by James Neville <ja...@babcockbrown.com>.
1. You are posting off-topic for the Tomcat list (I just happen to be a
postgres user)

2. RTFM, there are several references to your questions, with v simple
answers.

Starting the postmaster:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/postmaster-start.html
Users & Groups:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/user-manag.html

James

RE: postgres configuration

Posted by George Sexton <gs...@mhsoftware.com>.
This is obviously not a Tomcat problem.

Please ask your question in a forum for your operating system (probably
the best place) or in a PostgreSQL forum.

You may also want to refer to this document: