Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com> on 2011/11/30 01:53:35 UTC

[DISCUSS] Flume NG alpha release

All:

I wanted to kick off a conversation around producing an alpha release of
the Flume NG branch. The goal would be to create a downloadable artifact
for people to test and play with without needing to build the project from
source. For lack of a better name, I'm proposing we call this
flume-1.0.0-alpha1. This isn't a formal vote, but a straw man discussion.
What do people think? Discuss!

Thanks!
--
Eric Sammer
twitter: esammer

Re: [DISCUSS] Flume NG alpha release

Posted by Prasad Mujumdar <pr...@cloudera.com>.
    +1

Please feel free to assign any task to me if you need.

thanks
Prasad

Posted by "arvind@cloudera.com" <ar...@cloudera.com>.
+1!

Go for it!

Thanks,
Arvind

Posted by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by Prasad Mujumdar <pr...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Patrick.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
Noted. I'm really +0 on the 1.0.0 designation.

I guess the main thing I'm concerned with is that we define the version
numbering story and stay consistent if possible.  Its been rough going
deciphering versions in some other projects I've been involved with, and
we've been fast and loose with versioning some of our previous releases.

Jon.

Posted by "ralph.goers @dslextreme.com" <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.