Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/01 10:26:59 UTC

Re: Moving modules around in trunk

I think we could still do more. For example how about any of:

- Move cts into testing
- Delete distribution (distribution/sca/standalone and webapp are obsolete
now right?)
- Merge sampleapps into samples
- Move  the sca specific samples from samples to sca/samples -
inner.composite, echo.binding etc.
- Does java/sca/doc really need to be here, could these be moved to the
website/wiki?
- Do something with java/sca/plugins/itest.plugin and test, maybe
sca/testing/junit and sca/testing/itest
- Move all the java/sca/services/databindings to sca/extensions like the
axiom one, (and databinding/test to sca/testing?)

   ...ant

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
On Feb 2, 2007, at 12:49 AM, ant elder wrote:

> OK I'm going to start doing all these things, I'm away for a week
> after
> today so it wont all happen immediately...feel free to help while
> I'm out :)
>
> Another thing I wondered about is if some of the things like JPA
> and JXTA
> should also be moved out into the extensions folder?
I think the JPA stuff should be moved out. Not sure about JXTA -
Meeraj what do you think? If you don't have time to move JPA I can
deal with it in a few days after I finish my core refactors.

Jim

Re: Moving modules around in trunk

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
Sounds good.

On the testing front, I think the itest plugin should move under
runtime as it's really another runtime that happens to run in a Maven
environment. I'm happy to take care of that.

CurrentCompositeContext is going to be removed from the API spec so
we'll need an alternative. I think this will allow us to simplify
testing from an IDE environment and get rid of SCATestCase - I'll say
more in another thread. These changes should allow us to get rid of
the test module completely.

--
Jeremy

Posted by Jim Marino <ji...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 1, 2007, at 1:26 AM, ant elder wrote:

> I think we could still do more. For example how about any of:
>
> - Move cts into testing
> - Delete distribution (distribution/sca/standalone and webapp are
> obsolete
> now right?)
> - Merge sampleapps into samples
> - Move  the sca specific samples from samples to sca/samples -
> inner.composite, echo.binding etc.
> - Does java/sca/doc really need to be here, could these be moved to
> the
> website/wiki?
> - Do something with java/sca/plugins/itest.plugin and test, maybe
> sca/testing/junit and sca/testing/itest
> - Move all the java/sca/services/databindings to sca/extensions
> like the
> axiom one, (and databinding/test to sca/testing?)
>
>   ...ant
+1 sounds good.

Re: Moving modules around in trunk

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ant,

First thanks for doing this.  Wherther or not for the other cases, I very
strongly feel we must merge the samples and sampleapps as its quite
confusing to new comers.

- Venkat