Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2012/05/02 09:24:46 UTC

[RELEASE][CODE]: new tag AOO340 and new branch AOO34

Hi,

the final preparing of our 3.4 release is ongoing. As part of this I
have created

- a tag AOO340 based on revision 1327774
- a new branch AOO34 based on revision 1327774

Why AOO34 as branch name?
We will continue fixing critical issues (including security fixes) and
will update translations on this branch and will prepare releases on
demand 3.4.1, 3.4.2, ... All this work will happen on this branch and we
will create further tags for each future micro release on this 3.4 code
base.

Juergen

Re: [RELEASE][CODE]: new tag AOO340 and new branch AOO34

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 5/2/12 9:31 AM, Issac Goldstand wrote:
> Cool. Shouldn't tags/branches be created before the vote, though, in the
> future? That way the voted artifact and SCC will be in sync, and it's
> clear exactly which revision the vote is happening on...

we know the revision on which the vote took place and I have created
both exactly on this revision. I see no problem here the revision was
clearly communicated.

We can of course tag each RC but I would create the final branch only
for final bits.

Juergen

Posted by Issac Goldstand <is...@volo-net.com>.