Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Stacey <mi...@lexi.com> on 2001/08/31 21:06:11 UTC

tracking "concurrent usage"

I know; I know; there's no limit to what sales managers come up with!  8-)

We have a web application that allows access based upon logins/pwds or
ip-based site licenses.  Our sales geniuses want to take some arbitrary time
limit (like 10 minutes) and say that usage from multiple ips within that
time frame from the same account is "concurrent" and limit the number of
"concurrent" users.

All we can think of is having to slow response to the whole user base by
inspecting *every* service requests and persisting the session/licence
info somehow to check for each service request.

Does anyone have a more elegant/saner solution idea?

-- Michael