Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com> on 2017/02/13 21:50:13 UTC

RE: [RELEASE] 2.1 Release Branch Coming Soon -- Install documentation

Regarding the upcoming release, we now have a new command-line installer (pyinstaller) and an Ambari plug-in.

I am sure neither one of these has nearly as much testing/usage as the legacy command-line installer.

Automated tests, for instance, have not yet switched to using pyinstaller (hopefully coming soon).

There is a very small wiki page that gives a clue to developers about the installers (mostly a pointer to the README in the source tree).
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Cluster+Installation

But the provisioning guide still discusses only the legacy installer (sections: 2,6,7,9).
http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html

My question is which of these install tools should we document for release 2.1 in the guide?  Should we stick with the tried-and-true option, or get the new methods out in front?  Opinions?

--Steve

Posted by "Zhang, Yi (Eason)" <yi...@esgyn.cn>.
All right, I will update the document for pyinstaller.

Thanks,
Eason

Posted by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com>.

Posted by Sandhya Sundaresan <sa...@esgyn.com>.