Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org> on 2017/04/10 15:25:15 UTC

[MENTORS] Create Additional Repo for Apache Metron Incubating

Hi Mentors -

We are in need of an additional Git repository for Metron.  You can view
the discussion thread here [1], if you have not followed the discussion. I
created a ticket INFRA-13828 [2], to request the repository and was
notified that
we need to use https://reporeq.apache.org/.  The ticket also suggests that
a mentor may need to do this.

In trying to do this myself, there is a drop-down field "PMCs" where I need
to select "Metron".  But it does not allow me to select anything.  It is
stuck on "Your PMCs" which then screws up the "Generated Name" field.

Can you try going to https://reporeq.apache.org/, login with your Apache
ID, then fill-in the form to create the repo?  Here are all the fields that
need populated.

   - Repository Name: incubator-metron-bro-plugin-kafka
   - Repository Description: Apache Metron (incubating) - Bro/Kafka
   Integration
   - Commit Notification List: commits@metron.incubator.apache.org
   - GitHub Notification List: dev@metron.incubator.apache.org

Let me know, if we need to take another approach.

Thanks

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c92acd125dae05f0537d4505e0254dfa6382ca9f40edba7d2f4c6224@%3Cdev.metron.apache.org%3E

Re: [MENTORS] Create Additional Repo for Apache Metron Incubating

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!  Would you mind taking a look at my other thread, here
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a4e2e7bb7fb7497033696645b011c5604790f23f3802aaab32f1bd01@%3Cdev.metron.apache.org%3E>?
It is related to the use of this new repo.  Much appreciated,

Jon

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 1:54 PM P. Taylor Goetz <pt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Done. It may take ~1hr. before the repo is created.
>
> Once you are a TLP you will be able to do this yourself. But for now
> because you are still an incubator podling it has to be done by an IPMC
> member.
>
> -Taylor
>
> > On Apr 10, 2017, at 11:25 AM, Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Mentors -
> >
> > We are in need of an additional Git repository for Metron.  You can view
> > the discussion thread here [1], if you have not followed the discussion.
> > created a ticket INFRA-13828 [2], to request the repository and was
> > notified that
> > we need to use https://reporeq.apache.org/.  The ticket also suggests
> that
> > a mentor may need to do this.
> >
> > In trying to do this myself, there is a drop-down field "PMCs" where I
> need
> > to select "Metron".  But it does not allow me to select anything.  It is
> > stuck on "Your PMCs" which then screws up the "Generated Name" field.
> >
> > Can you try going to https://reporeq.apache.org/, login with your Apache
> > ID, then fill-in the form to create the repo?  Here are all the fields
> that
> > need populated.
> >
> >   - Repository Name: incubator-metron-bro-plugin-kafka
> >   - Repository Description: Apache Metron (incubating) - Bro/Kafka
> >   Integration
> >   - Commit Notification List: commits@metron.incubator.apache.org
> >   - GitHub Notification List: dev@metron.incubator.apache.org
> >
> > Let me know, if we need to take another approach.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > [1]
> >
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c92acd125dae05f0537d4505e0254dfa6382ca9f40edba7d2f4c6224@%3Cdev.metron.apache.org%3E
> >
> > [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13828
>
> --

Jon

Re: [MENTORS] Create Additional Repo for Apache Metron Incubating

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.