Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Stone, Timothy" <ts...@cityofhbg.com> on 2003/02/12 22:25:05 UTC

[users@httpd] proxyblock * help needed...

I'm planning a configuration of an Apache Proxy server (forward proxy).

Essentially I want to block client access to "everything external" accept a few scrictly defined hosts (this is business definition).

So... allowing only "known" clients to use the proxy

<Proxy *>
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from 192.168.0
</Proxy>

Then apply at the server config

ProxyBlock *

to block connections to all sites. Now how to I open the proxy to the allowed hosts? My guess is to negate the arguments to ProxyBlock but there does not seem to be documentation on this.

TIA, and Warmest Regards,
Tim

--
/**
 * Timothy Stone      . Sun Certified Java Programmer