Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by vikas shinde <sh...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/15 06:42:35 UTC

Minimum Tomcat version that supports latest Solr version

Dear Solr team,

Which is the latest Tomcat version that supports the latest Solr version
8.2.0?

Also provide details about previous Solr versions & their compatible Tomcat
versions.

Thanks & Regards.
Vikas Shinde.

Re: Minimum Tomcat version that supports latest Solr version

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 10/15/2019 12:42 AM, vikas shinde wrote:
> Dear Solr team,
>
> Which is the latest Tomcat version that supports the latest Solr version
> 8.2.0?
>
> Also provide details about previous Solr versions & their compatible Tomcat
> versions.

Dominique is correct.  We do not officially support running under tomcat
any more.  We strongly recommend running with the Jetty that is included
as part of Solr.  We cannot guarantee compatibility with any other
servlet container.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/WhyNoWar

If you choose to go against Solr project advice, then I would recommend
running the latest release in one of the top two minor versions.  Right
now that's Tomcat 8.5.x or 9.0.x.

I can't stress enough that if you choose to run a new Solr version under
tomcat that you will be on your own for most problems.  It is NOT supported.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Minimum Tomcat version that supports latest Solr version

Posted by Dominique Bejean <do...@eolya.fr>.
Hi,

Solr is not tested with Tomcat since version 4.
Why not using the embedded Jetty server ?

Regards

Dominique