Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Hilton, Chris" <Ch...@zilliant.com> on 2008/11/26 01:13:36 UTC

specify versions separate from dependencies: THE RETURN

Back in February there was a discussion about adding the ability to specify dependency versions in some of sort of separate/global file such that every resolved dependency, if it's in the list and including transitive ones, would use the specified revision akin to Maven's dependencyManagement ability. It looks like that led to the creation of IVY-753 and IVY-784 and the implementation of the dependency override capability, but I don't think that adequately covers the above use case. I guess first I'd just like to know if there's something else I'm missing or is there a further issue that needs to be raised?

Chris