Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Nichols, William" <bn...@ci.redding.ca.us> on 2004/07/14 17:21:30 UTC

SURBL question

Ok - reading on here I think I have it - just want to make sure.

When people are referring to SURBL is this spamcop_uri?

Does this replace blacklist.cf, blacklist-uri.cf and bigevil (don't
think so, want to make sure)

If it doesn't replace them, what does?

Thanks,

Bill

Re: SURBL question

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 11:21 AM 7/14/2004, Nichols, William wrote:
>Ok – reading on here I think I have it – just want to make sure.
>
>When people are referring to SURBL is this spamcop_uri?

Yes, at least for 2.63 users who install Mail::SpamCopURI.  It shows up
differently in 3.0 and is an integral part of SA 3.x

>Does this replace blacklist.cf,

no

>  blacklist-uri.cf

yes, via ws.surbl.org

>  and bigevil

mostly , ws.surbl.org has merged most of bigevil with Bill and Chris's hard
work.

surbl also hosts several other uri blacklists from spamcop, outblaze and
others.