Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Joern Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-due.de> on 2006/08/15 22:19:48 UTC

bug in migration target re translations?

hi *!

can anyone confirm that the uuid migration target screws up
translations? i think i ended up with two copies of the default language
in my new uuid store, one named "de", and the other named "en".

this is a heavily customized pub, so it might be my fault, that's why
i'm asking.

regards,

jörn

--
"I don't need backups. I need restore!" - Trad.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier, EDV-Administrator
Institut für Politikwissenschaft

Re: bug in migration target re translations!

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg.de>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> no change. i rm'ed my build tree, updated, rebuilt, and both
>>> translations have turned to english.
>>> does it work for you?
>>
>> Sorry, I misunderstood the problem. I thought that a new UUID is created
>> for each translation, because I had this problem once ...
>> You are right, the translations don't get the proper content.
>> Give me some minutes to fix it.
>
> Would you mind trying it again now? Thanks!

sorry for the late reply, i've been afk for 2 days.
it now works for the default publication. but for some reason, my custom
publication totally breaks.

* the migration target should catch exceptions and keep processing. (a
real-world 1.4 sitetree that has seen a lot of testing with various
buggy svn revisions must be assumed to be highly inconsistent, so
choking on "document X is not referenced in the sitetree" is bad. same
goes for "no source type defined for...", which i'm seeing atm. the
migration target has no business thinking about source types.)

* it would be nice if the migration target could preserve the original
files, in case something goes wrong. as it is now, sometimes it falls
apart before the sitemap.xmap is rewritten with the uuid attributes,
i.e. you end up with all those shiny non-human-readable uuids and no way
to map them. which trashes the entire publication.

more later while i try to pinpoint my problems.

--
"Open source takes the bullshit out of software."
	- Charles Ferguson on TechnologyReview.com

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

[...]

>> no change. i rm'ed my build tree, updated, rebuilt, and both
>> translations have turned to english.
>> does it work for you?
>
> Sorry, I misunderstood the problem. I thought that a new UUID is created
> for each translation, because I had this problem once ...
> You are right, the translations don't get the proper content.
> Give me some minutes to fix it.

Would you mind trying it again now? Thanks!

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann
andreas.hartmann@wyona.com                     andreas@apache.org

Re: bug in migration target re translations!

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg.de>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg.de>.