Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Budi Rostiarso <Bu...@vico.co.id> on 2003/11/06 04:19:13 UTC

validator, range

Hi all,
quick question on validation:
Can we setup validator with rules like  "x must be equal or greater than
8",  just to limit the lower bound ?
Currently, i use the range validator, which means i have to specify the
lower and upper bound, right?

Any clues and pointers appreciated.
Thanks.

Re: [OT] Security Folter

Posted by Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com>.
I haven't tried it myself, but I did get a bug report from someone
trying to do that. The bug was fixed, so I think it is working now.

SecurityFilter doesn't come with any realm implementations(*), but you
can use the CatalinaRealmAdapter to wrap a realm from Tomcat that will
do password encryption for you.

-Max

(*) It does come with a trivial realm for the example app, a
SimpleRealmBase class that can be extended if you want to write your own
simple realm and not have to deal with Principal objects, and it comes
with the CatalinaRealmAdapter, which allows you to use any of the realm
implementations that come with Tomcat.

[OT] Security Folter

RE: validator, range

Posted by David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com>.
Why not just setup a few constants and use them later as your ${var:max}
where appropriate? I got the maxInteger value from echo printing
Integer.MAX_VALUE.  Once you define a constant for maxInteger or maxFloat,
just reference it as your var {$maxFloat} or var {$maxInteger}.

<form-validation>
	<global>
		<constant>
			<constant-name>maxInteger</constant-name>
			<constant-value>2147483647</constant-value>
		</constant>
	</global>
	<formset>
		<!-- for a bean named "valid" -->
		<form name="valid">
			<field property="username" depends="required,integer,intRange">
				<arg0 key="buy.program.fieldname" />
				<arg1
		        	name="range"
		    	    key="${var:min}"
			        resource="false"/>
			    <arg2
			        name="range"
			        key="${var:max}"
			        resource="false"/>
			    <var>
			        <var-name>min</var-name>
			        <var-value>10</var-value>
			    </var>
			    <var>
			        <var-name>max</var-name>
					<!-- SEE the constant used below for the intRange? --->
			        <var-value>${maxInteger}</var-value>
				</var>
			</field>
		</form>