Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Meir Yanovich <me...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/01 08:07:44 UTC

[users@httpd] how does apache serves connections and requests ?

Hello all
i like to ask basic question about Apache and how does it servers the requests
i was reading and also saw that in unix machine its spawn process at
start and every process uses N threads
and in windows it is multithread is that correct ? does every single
thread serve one connection and its request ? or there is some
mechanism that enable every thread serve several connections and there requests
does Apache support multiplexer architecture ?

thanks

Re: [users@httpd] how does apache serves connections and requests ?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 3:41 AM, Meir Yanovich <me...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the link
> so i understand its does not support multiplexer architecture.am i right ?

I don't think "multiplexer architecture" is a well-defined concept.

I believe what you are asking about is typically called "event-driven"
processing. Look at the "event" mpm for a first step in that
direction. But in general, it is true that apache devotes one thread
or process to each connection.

Re: [users@httpd] how does apache serves connections and requests ?

Posted by Meir Yanovich <me...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the link