Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Ganesh Muthuraman <mg...@outlook.com> on 2015/06/23 16:06:21 UTC

Cannot start drillbit

Hi,
Anybody know what this error is? This is drill 0.8. I am unable to start Drillbit and cannot go the UI to configure the plugin. I see this in /var/log/drill/drillbit.out

Drill log directory: /var/log/drillDrill log directory: /var/log/drillOpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=512M; support was removed in 8.0Exception in thread "main" org.apache.drill.exec.exception.DrillbitStartupException: Failure during initial startup of Drillbit.        at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.start(Drillbit.java:88)        at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.start(Drillbit.java:66)        at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.main(Drillbit.java:166)Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException: Could not resolve type id 'avro' into a subtype of [simple type, class org.apache.drill.common.logical.FormatPluginConfig] at [Source: [B@2c18cde7; line: 24, column: 7] (through reference chain: org.apache.drill.exec.store.dfs.FileSystemConfig["formats"]->java.util.LinkedHashMap["avro"])        at org.apache.drill.exec.store.sys.zk.ZkAbstractStore$Iter$DeferredEntry.getValue(ZkAbstractStore.java:197)        at org.apache.drill.exec.store.StoragePluginRegistry.createPlugins(StoragePluginRegistry.java:166)        at org.apache.drill.exec.store.StoragePluginRegistry.init(StoragePluginRegistry.java:130)        at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.run(Drillbit.java:239)        at org.apache.drill.exec.server.Drillbit.start(Drillbit.java:85)        ... 2 more

-Ganesh

RE: Cannot start drillbit

Posted by Ganesh Muthuraman <mg...@outlook.com>.
We ended up doing an upgrade to 1.0 since we felt troubleshooting the lower version wasn't worth the time. Thanks for your help anyways. I'll come back to this thread if we hit such an issue in 1.0 at all, ever.
Thanks,G

Re: Cannot start drillbit

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.

RE: Cannot start drillbit