Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by to...@tacocat.net on 2007/01/26 17:14:47 UTC

question about the lists

Is this the list appropriate for a discussion on how to use
Mail::SpamAssassin in a perl application?

I've found a couple of elements in the code that isn't very well
identified or disclosed.

For example
my $st = new Mail::SpamAssassin(....)
$st->init(1);

I found something like this in spamassassin, sa-learn, and spamd but no
where is the sub init described.

And how to initialize a Bayes data store for a user.

These are questions that I am not finding in the Wiki or the users
mailing list.  Am I in the right place?

Re: question about the lists

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.

It's more of a users@ question IMO, but...

> my $st = new Mail::SpamAssassin(....)
> $st->init(1);
>
> I found something like this in spamassassin, sa-learn, and spamd but no
> where is the sub init described.

It's a private method in Mail::SpamAssassin.  init() is called for you when
using the public methods (check, learn, report_as_spam, etc.)

> And how to initialize a Bayes data store for a user.

This will happen via init.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"Wheee! ...ow, I bit my tongue!"