Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2011/01/14 00:03:26 UTC

why does shell/console include a bunch of org.apache.felix.gogo* classes?

I suspect there's some kind of disagreement about what gogo should do but I haven't located any discussion on the felix or karaf dev lists.  Is this a permanent feature of karaf?

thanks
david jencks

Re: why does shell/console include a bunch of org.apache.felix.gogo* classes?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
The shell/console is embedding a few things so that it's mostly standalone.
 The reason was that the console can actually be used outside osgi very
easily.
The source also contain a small modification on the gogo class which should
be fixed in the release under vote, so i'll get rid of it once we upgrade to
the next gogo version.
As for the o.a.f.gogo.commands package, it predates the move of karaf to TLP
so the discussion was on the felix dev list.  Historically, those were in
karaf and after karaf moved into felix, I pushed them back to gogo.  At a
later time, a new set of annotations (rather different) has been written and
I was requested to remove those from gogo so I moved them back into karaf
but without changing the name for compatibility reasons.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet