Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Craig Dayton <ca...@starband.net> on 2004/04/05 17:11:40 UTC

Running Demo ASP Problem?

I'm just getting up to speed on Apache2 & Apache::ASP (2.57) and I'm still
getting errors when attempting to run the Bookmarks demo.  The /asp/eg
examples are running correctly, so I believe that I am dealing with an app
conf issue of some sort.

First, this is the version of the various components that I am playing with:

Apache/2.0.49 (Win32) mod_perl/1.99_14 Perl/v5.8.3 Server at LocalHost Port
80

When I browse to the URL: http://localhost/asp/demo, I get the following
error returned.

Errors Output
errors compiling global.asa: Can't locate object method "dir_config" via
package
 "Apache" at E:/Apache2/htdocs/asp/Demo//./global.asa line 15. eval 'E) ||
 die("can\'t create table $DBI::errstr"); ; } $Db->do("select * from
bookmarks")
 || die("can\'t do select against bookmarks: $DBI::errstr"); sub
Script_OnStart
 { $Basename = basename($0); $Title = $Name.\' / \'.$Titles{$Basename};
 $Response->Include(\'header.inc\');

Adding either of the statements, use Apache::RequestUtil () or use
Apache::ServerUtil ()
To the Global.asa file didn't resolve the issue.

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, Craig

Global.asa

DirectoryIndex index.asp
<Files ~ \.asp$>
	SetHandler perl-script
	PerlHandler Apache::ASP
	PerlSetVar Global .
	PerlSetVar GlobalPackage My::Bookmarks
	PerlSetVar StateDir /tmp/asp_apps_bookmarks
	PerlSetVar Debug 2
	PerlSetVar SessionTimeout 15
	PerlSetVar StatScripts 1
	PerlSetVar AllowApplicationState 1
	PerlSetVar AllowSessionState 1
</Files>

Re: Running Demo ASP Problem?

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Josh Chamas wrote:

> Craig Dayton wrote:
> > I'm just getting up to speed on Apache2 & Apache::ASP
> > (2.57) and I'm still getting errors when attempting to
> > run the Bookmarks demo.  The /asp/eg examples are
> > running correctly, so I believe that I am dealing with
> > an app conf issue of some sort.
> >

> That is great news that the /asp/eg examples are working!
> That is really the test to get working.  The bookmarks
> examples I do not keep up to date so well, but will look
> into why they might not be working, which I think is
> probably an issue running under mod_perl 2.  Hopefully
> I'll have a fix for the bookmarks soon.

It probably is something to do with mod_perl 2 - the
original error related to not being able to find the
dir_config method, which in mod_perl 2:

$ perl -MApache2 -MModPerl::MethodLookup -e print_method dir_config
There is more than one class with method 'dir_config'
try one of:
	use Apache::RequestUtil ();
	use Apache::ServerUtil ();

requires loading one of the above modules, whichever is
appropriate.

--
best regards,
randy kobes

Re: Running Demo ASP Problem?

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Craig Dayton wrote:
> I'm just getting up to speed on Apache2 & Apache::ASP (2.57) and I'm still
> getting errors when attempting to run the Bookmarks demo.  The /asp/eg
> examples are running correctly, so I believe that I am dealing with an app
> conf issue of some sort.

That is great news that the /asp/eg examples are working!  That is really
the test to get working.  The bookmarks examples I do not keep up to date
so well, but will look into why they might not be working, which I think
is probably an issue running under mod_perl 2.  Hopefully I'll have a fix
for the bookmarks soon.

Regards,

Josh