Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Mark Woon <mo...@SMI.Stanford.EDU> on 2002/02/08 04:38:20 UTC

Question on packaging

Hello.

I'm a little confused about the way the Avalon subprojects are packaged.  I've
checked out the source, and it looks like there's not a real clear separation or
what goes in which subproject.  For example, there's an
org.apache.avalon.framework in both jakarta-avalon and jakarta-phoenix, there's
an org.apache.avalon.excalibur inboth jakarta-avalon and jakarta-excalibur.

Is there a method to the madness?

Thanks,
-Mark

Re: Question on packaging

Posted by Mark Woon <mo...@SMI.Stanford.EDU>.
Peter Donald wrote:

> Try checking out the code with prune option like
>
> cvs up -dP

Yup, that did the trick.  Thanks!

-Mark

Re: Question on packaging

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 8 Feb 2002 14:38, Mark Woon wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm a little confused about the way the Avalon subprojects are packaged.
> I've checked out the source, and it looks like there's not a real clear
> separation or what goes in which subproject.  For example, there's an
> org.apache.avalon.framework in both jakarta-avalon and jakarta-phoenix,
> there's an org.apache.avalon.excalibur inboth jakarta-avalon and
> jakarta-excalibur.
>
> Is there a method to the madness?

Try checking out the code with prune option like

cvs up -dP

In the past there was no excalibur  project and it was all hosted in the main
CVS. If you do the above update it should remove all the empty directories
which may be easier to follow ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

Duct tape is like the force.  It has a light side, and a dark side, and
it binds the universe together ...
                -- Carl Zwanzig