Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com> on 1997/11/20 02:33:42 UTC

Re: 1.3b3 for OS/2

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Brian Havard wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Nov 1997 19:58:37 -0500 (EST), Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
> >1.3b3 is now offically tagged!
> >
> >Also, on hyperreal I've placed a tarball in my home-dir. Thus, people
> >with hyperreal access can download/copy it and take a look and make
> >sure it's the way we want it. The ./src/tests directory is still
> >there but the vhtest was removed as Dean requested.
>
> A request was made earlier for an OS/2 executable which I guess I should now
> make. A few questions though:
>
> 1) What Configuration should it be built with (choice of modules etc.) ?

Take a guess, any guess.

There is one that I was using for 1.2 at
http://www.worldgate.com/~marcs/a/Configuration, but 1.3 has changed
somewhat.

The idea is include a reasonable set of modules, enough so the significant
ones are there, but not silly ones.  It isn't firm.  I go for including
things like the proxy on the basis that even though they add a little
overhead, it is small enough to be worth ti.

> 2) Should it have debug info? There is substantial size difference ~300k vs
> 1M.

I think it shouldn't.  For someone to usefully debug it they need a
compiler anyway, so...

> 3) Where should I put it?

Whereever.  If you have access to a web server, you can just put it there
and post the URL to the list and someone will put it in place.  Or you may
be able to upload to ftp.apache.org somewhere.

Re: 1.3b3 for OS/2

Posted by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@mch.sni.de>.
On Wed, Nov 19, 1997 at 06:33:42PM -0700, Marc Slemko wrote:
> > 1) What Configuration should it be built with (choice of modules etc.) ?
>
> Take a guess, any guess.
>
> There is one that I was using for 1.2 at
> http://www.worldgate.com/~marcs/a/Configuration, but 1.3 has changed
> somewhat.
>
> The idea is include a reasonable set of modules, enough so the significant
> ones are there, but not silly ones.  It isn't firm.  I go for including
> things like the proxy on the basis that even though they add a little
> overhead, it is small enough to be worth ti.

Then perhaps
    http://dev.apache.org/dist/binaries/BinBuild/binbuild.Configuration
should be updated as well to reflect the "desired" list of modules.

    Martin