Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/02 13:15:09 UTC

[VOTE] Release Mojo's Cassandra Maven Plugin 1.0.0-1

Hi,

I'd like to release version 1.1.0-1 of Mojo's Cassandra Maven Plugin
to sync up with the 1.1.0 release of Apache Cassandra.

We solved 2 issues:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12121&version=17926

Staging Repository:
https://nexus.codehaus.org/content/repositories/orgcodehausmojo-068/

Site:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/cassandra-maven-plugin/index.html

SCM Tag:
https://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/tags/cassandra-maven-plugin-1.1.0-1@16519

 [ ] +1 Yeah! fire ahead oh and the blind man on the galloping horse
says it looks fine too.
 [ ] 0 Mehhh! like I care, I don't have any opinions either, I'd
follow somebody else if only I could decide who
 [ ] -1 Nooooo! wait up there I have issues (in general like, ya know,
and being a trouble-maker is only one of them)

The vote is open for 72h and will succeed by lazy consensus.

Guide to testing staged releases:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

Cheers

-Stephen

P.S.
 In the interest of ensuring (more is) better testing, this vote is
also open to subscribers of the dev and user@cassandra.apache.org
mailing lists.

Re: [VOTE] Release Mojo's Cassandra Maven Plugin 1.0.0-1

Posted by Rick Shaw <wf...@gmail.com>.
+1

Great plugin.  Integral part of Cassandra-JDBC testing.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Mojo's Cassandra Maven Plugin 1.0.0-1

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
This vote has passed with the following results

+1: Stephen Connolly (dev@mojo), Colin Tayloy (dev@cassandra), Rick
Shaw (dev@cassandra)
0:
-1:

I will proceed to push the plugin artifacts into central

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
On 3 May 2012 10:04, Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com> wrote:

>>  I'd like to release version 1.1.0-1 of Mojo's Cassandra Maven Plugin
>

> What is this plugin supposed to do?

Mojo's Cassandra Plugin is used when you want to control a test
instance of Apache Cassandra from within your Apache Maven build.

Useful for integration testing / webapp development as the developer
gets their own test instance and doesn't have to have installed
anything on their machine to get it. Have a look at the plugin's
website, specifically:

http://mojo.codehaus.org/cassandra-maven-plugin/examples/developing-webapp.html

and

http://mojo.codehaus.org/cassandra-maven-plugin/examples/integration-tests.html

For a lot of testing strategies, people may fire up cassandra
instances directly from the JUnit test case so that tests can be run
via the IDE, but for more complex testing where you need more infra
set-up this plugin starts to really shine... oh and live webapp
development like "mvn cassandra:run jetty:run" where you don't have a
unit test in scope to start up cassandra

HTH

Re: [VOTE] Release Mojo's Cassandra Maven Plugin 1.0.0-1

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.

Posted by Colin Taylor <co...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks Stephen.