Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> on 2020/04/22 20:51:01 UTC

[DISCUSS] Bug bash?

Just floating a very random idea here. :)

Would there be interest in doing a bug bash for a week, where we
aggressively close out some pesky bugs that have been lingering around.. If
enough committers and contributors are around, we can move the needle. We
could time this a week before cutting RC for next release.

Thanks
Vinoth

Re: [DISCUSS] Bug bash?

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
Checked that this is already tagged in the list Siva is putting up..

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%20bug-bash-0.6.0

Re: [DISCUSS] Bug bash?

Posted by Pratyaksh Sharma <pr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Bug bash?

Posted by Pratyaksh Sharma <pr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Bug bash?

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
sure. thanks for the detailed pointers. Will work on it.

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 1:50 AM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

> siva, That would be great. Next step is to put together a bug list
>
> - Scour existing 0.6.0 tickets, nudge existing owners to see if they are
> still actively driving this, else unassign them
> - Look at mailing list, GH , slack for recently reported issues (file JIRAs
> if any slipped through the cracks)
> - Comb through existing backlog as well for long ignored "usability"
> component issues
>
> Ideal criteria IMO to qualify for bug bash would be tickets which are
> easily reproducible, have isolated fixes, doable in a day or two.
>
> There you go :)
>
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 9:45 AM Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I could lend a hand if we need any help in organizing this. LMK.
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 3:19 AM Bhavani Sudha <bh...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> in

> > based
> > > on

> > <uditme@amazon.com.invalid

> organization.
> > Do
> sender
> > > and

> 上午9:11写道:

> > > lamberken@163.com>
> > > vinoth@apache.org>
> week,
> > move
> > release.
> > > > >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > -Sivabalan

-Sivabalan

Re: [DISCUSS] Bug bash?

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Bug bash?

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> [...]
> > >     > > > > Best,
> > >     > > > > Lamber-Ken
> > >     > > > >
> > >     > > > > At 2020-04-23 04:51:01, "Vinoth Chandar" <
> vinoth@apache.org>
> > > wrote:
> > >     > > > > >Just floating a very random idea here. :)
> > >     > > > > >
> > >     > > > > >Would there be interest in doing a bug bash for a week,
> > where
> > > we
> > >     > > > > >aggressively close out some pesky bugs that have been
> > > lingering
> > >     > > around..
> > >     > > > > If
> > >     > > > > >enough committers and contributors are around, we can move
> > the
> > >     > needle.
> > >     > > > We
> > >     > > > > >could time this a week before cutting RC for next release.

-Sivabalan

Re: [DISCUSS] Bug bash?

Posted by Bhavani Sudha <bh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Bug bash?

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Bug bash?

Posted by "Mehrotra, Udit" <ud...@amazon.com.INVALID>.
+1 Happy to participate

Re: [DISCUSS] Bug bash?

Posted by vino yang <vi...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [DISCUSS] Bug bash?

Posted by Shiyan Xu <xu...@gmail.com>.
+1 would like to participate

Re: [DISCUSS] Bug bash?

Posted by Dongdong Hong <ho...@gmail.com>.
+1 sounds great!

Re: [DISCUSS] Bug bash?

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
+1

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 7:29 PM lamber-ken <la...@163.com> wrote:

> Wow, challenging job, +1
>

> Best,
> Lamber-Ken
>
> At 2020-04-23 04:51:01, "Vinoth Chandar" <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
> >Just floating a very random idea here. :)
> >
> >Would there be interest in doing a bug bash for a week, where we
> >aggressively close out some pesky bugs that have been lingering around..
> If
> >enough committers and contributors are around, we can move the needle. We
> >could time this a week before cutting RC for next release.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Vinoth

-Sivabalan

Re:[DISCUSS] Bug bash?

Posted by lamber-ken <la...@163.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Bug bash?

Posted by Balaji Varadarajan <v....@ymail.com.INVALID>.
 +1. Would also be great if folks sign-up for testing/trying out the master branch in their real environments
    On Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 02:48:13 PM PDT, Bhavani Sudha <bh...@gmail.com> wrote:

 +1 Sounds like a good idea

Re: [DISCUSS] Bug bash?

Posted by Bhavani Sudha <bh...@gmail.com>.