Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by OneWhoMikes <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/01 05:24:37 UTC

Re: Ajax receive - long "warmup" time

You might want to look at the timeout period.  It seems like you aren't
getting any messages until the first request times out?

I think you pass along a "readTimeout" URL variable, with a value in
milliseconds to set the timeout of the request.  At least that's the way it
works for REST messaging (assuming the AjaxListener uses the same
mechanism).

Just a thought,

--Mike

Posted by piotr_rezmer <pi...@ens.net.pl>.

OneWhoMikes wrote:

> You might want to look at the timeout period.  It seems like you aren't
> getting any messages until the first request times out?
>
> I think you pass along a "readTimeout" URL variable, with a value in
> milliseconds to set the timeout of the request.  At least that's the way
> it works for REST messaging (assuming the AjaxListener uses the same
> mechanism).

I tried to play with client side timeout parameter, no result. Finally i
changed timeout parameter of the servlet, it helped. Poll became more
frequent but "dead period" has been reduced too.