Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "H. Swaczinna" <sw...@wlp-systems.de> on 2007/03/13 18:25:13 UTC

[Tobago] Popups background not disabled

Hi,

when the page shows a popup the background page is grayed and
you can't activate any component by mouse. But you can activate
any component by keyboard when you use the tab key. You can execute
actions and modifiy fields. This is the serious problem because our
customers users used to work more by keyboard than by mouse.
With the IE there's another problem. Listboxes aren't disabled at all.
You can pick entries by mouse.

Regards
Helmut

Re: [Tobago] Popups background not disabled

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
If it's helpful, I have some pending components that detect keypresses
(by key type) and perform either javascript or a submit a JSF action.

 * <onKeyDown>
 *     <keyCombination key="F1"
 *         onKeyPress="runMyJavaScriptFunction1();" />
 *     <keyCombination key="F2"
 *         action="executeJSFAction" />
 *     <keyCombination key="F2"
 *         onKeyPress="runMyJavaScriptFunction2();"
 *         actionListener="executeJSFActionListenerAfterJsFun2" />
 * </onKeyDown>

Sounds like you might already have some code to take care of this, though.

Posted by Arvid Hülsebus <ar...@atanion.com>.
BTW, the same is true for the progress effect used for page transitioning.

Is switching to IE 7 an option?

Regards,
Arvid

Posted by Arvid Hülsebus <ar...@atanion.com>.