Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by jm_in_pgh <Je...@mmodal.com> on 2011/03/01 22:33:28 UTC

Credentials problem when publishing to Artifactory

Hi, we have a bunch of projects set up to publish to Artifactory via Jenkins.
They mostly follow the same pattern: retrieve dependencies with Ivy, build
artifacts on Jenkins, publish artifacts to Artifactory.  But one of our
projects has a problem: Every time Jenkins tries to publish to Artifactory,
we get the error:

c:\some_path\build.xml:63: impossible to publish artifacts for
my_org#my_artifact;my_version: java.io.IOException: Access to URL
http://my_server/artifactory/some_other_path/artifact_name-version.jar was
refused by the server: Bad credentials

This project is loading the same set of credentials via Ant as all our other
projects, which are published successfully.  But when I look in our
Artifactory logs, I see

[DENIED DEPLOY]
repository_name:my_org/my_artifact/my_version/jar/artifact_name-version.jar
for anonymous/192.168.128.252.

(192.168.128.252 is the address of the Jenkins build server.)

For artifacts that are published successfully, I see this in the Artifactory
log:

2011-03-01 16:19:47,281 [DENIED DEPLOY]
repository_name:my_org/successful_artifact/blahblahblah/artifact_name for
anonymous/192.168.128.252.
2011-03-01 16:19:47,807 [ACCEPTED DEPLOY]
repository_name:my_org/successful_artifact/blahblahblah/artifact_name for
builder/192.168.128.252.

Note that on the successful publish task, Jenkins first tried anonymous,
then tries the user "builder", which is successful.  This is the name
supplied in the credentials that I would hope all of our projects are using.

So, two questions:
1. Anyone ever seen anything like this before?
2. How can I get Ivy to output the credentials (or at least username) that
it is supplying to my publish task on Jenkins?