Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2004/03/08 10:10:57 UTC

ManifestToolTask.java vs. Ant

Hi:

Is posible to replace tool/src/anttask/ManifestToolTask.java with:

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/manifest.html

Are we using ManifestToolTask at all? If so, why? can we change the
implementation to use <manifest> instead?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: ManifestToolTask.java vs. Ant

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Hi:
>
>Is posible to replace tool/src/anttask/ManifestToolTask.java with:
>
>http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/manifest.html
>
>Are we using ManifestToolTask at all? If so, why? can we change the
>implementation to use <manifest> instead?

Take a look at what it does (see ManifestToolTask.java, line 63-86), and
where it is used (CocoonServlet.java, line 616-695), and then tell us
can it be used or not :)

Vadim