Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Eugene Shershnev <sh...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/24 17:27:17 UTC

Header or operation parameter?

Hi All,

We need to pass a session ID (not HTTP session, but our own) in each
operation invocation.
Would anybody will have a suggestion on which way is preferable and why:

1) use SOAP header
2) pass as a parameter in each operation

Thanks,
Eugene

Re: Header or operation parameter?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
It depends.

If your application manages the session, then pass it in the body. If
you want the infrastructure to manage the session (e.g., a handler),
then pass it in a header.

Anne