Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Sebastian Germesin <se...@dfki.de> on 2012/05/16 09:41:30 UTC

CORS in Apache Stanbol

Hi,

I just had a look at the CORS support in Stanbol and I have a question to that.

In the CORS specification [1], I read that in a CORS request with a preflight the client sets the request header:

Access-Control-Request-Headers: .... (let's say: origin, content-type, accept)
Access-Control-Request-Method: .... (let's say:   POST)

and the server (in this case Stanbol) answers with:

Access-Control-Allow-Headers: ...  (let's say: origin, content-type, accept)
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: ...       (let's say: *)
Access-Control-Allow-Method:   (let's say: GET, POST, OPTIONS)

However, when I perform a query to the Entityhub, e.g., http://dev.iks-project.eu:8081/entityhub/entity/
Stanbol answers correctly with

Access-Control-Allow-Headers: origin, content-type, accept
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *

BUT:

Access-Control-Request-Method:  GET, POST, OPTIONS

instead of

Access-Control-Allow-Method: GET, POST, OPTIONS

Gladly, for the GET and POST requests that somehow works anyways, but for a PUT and DELETE request
that fails again.

Is that something that needs change in the CORS-implementation in Stanbol?

Best regards,

Sebastian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/cors/

Re: CORS in Apache Stanbol

Posted by Sebastian Germesin <se...@dfki.de>.
see:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL-616

I am actually not sure whether this is also true for other components of Stanbol...

best regards,

Sebastian

Re: CORS in Apache Stanbol

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.