Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/23 07:21:37 UTC

[TLF] Bugs and help to fix TLF

Hi All,

Yesterday I have fixed couple of new tests in our TLF. Currently we are
having 591 runnable. :)

1) One of the fixed test is failing [1] - I don't want to ignore this couple
of tests - Maybe there is someone who have more knowledge about TLF and
could take a look into the code and say what is happening.

I could find the time and help to setup IDE for building and debugging
tests.

2) We have still this awful performance bug in TLF :( ->
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34769
Helpful things in jira comments.

3) I am in about half way to fix all test in TLF - To making them runnable
you don't need to have knowledge about TLF itself, so anyone can help me
with this. :)

4) Lately I wrote class which helps loading configuration for tests. Example
of such configuration [2]
This config file is setup initial data for test "bug2819924Case3Test".

Question here - I don't really know and can't find how to use and what is
the meaning of

<TestData name="tb_rtl">false</TestData>
<TestData name="rl_ltr">false</TestData>

If on this list there is one of the author of TLF unit tests I would be
really grateful to have any TIP how should I use this two parameters.

[1] http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-tlf/396/
[2] https://paste.apache.org/8bkw

I hope to find someone who can help with any of this subject. :)

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [TLF] Bugs and help to fix TLF

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Piotr,

I haven’t actually stepped through the code, but it just doesn’t look like
the code you quoted:

if (writingDirection[0] != "tb" && writingDirection[1] != "ltr")
{
      fileData.flowNS::TextFlow.@blockProgression = writingDirection[0];
      fileData.flowNS::TextFlow.@direction = writingDirection[1];
}

Is the code that reads in and reacts to data like:

<TestData name="rl_ltr">true</TestData>
	<TestData name="tb_rtl">true</TestData>

So, my current thinking is that having both rl_ltr and tb_rtl be true in a
single test case is just a mistake as no code ever did anything with it.

Either that or a test case is expected to execute both configurations
somehow.

Of course, I could be wrong.

-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 3/25/15, 11:17 PM, "piotrz" <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>That is why it confusing me. I have tests where both values are the same:
>
><TestCase functionName="scrollRectTest">
>	<TestData name="bitmapSnapshot">true</TestData>
>	<TestData name="rl_ltr">true</TestData>
>	<TestData name="tb_rtl">true</TestData>
></TestCase
>
>I don't know how to fill my array in that case. :/
>
>I see only one condition which uses these data:
>
>if (writingDirection[0] != "tb" && writingDirection[1] != "ltr")
>{
>      fileData.flowNS::TextFlow.@blockProgression = writingDirection[0];
>      fileData.flowNS::TextFlow.@direction = writingDirection[1];
>}

Are you sure this code is applying the TestData with name == “rl_ltr” or
“tb_rtl”?

-Alex

Re: [TLF] Bugs and help to fix TLF

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 3/23/15, 10:53 PM, "piotrz" <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>You are probably correct Alex. I have in the test classes property:
>
>public var writingDirection:Array = [ BlockProgression.TB, Direction.LTR
>] ;
>- Initial values.
>
>But I really don't understand how should I fill this array based on
>configuration?
>
><TestData name="tb_rtl">false</TestData>
><TestData name="rl_ltr">false</TestData>
>
>Do you understand anything ?

Not sure I understand what you’re asking.  I didn’t see any current code
that would apply those values.  If you wanted to apply them I would guess
at following the doc.  TextLayoutFormat.blockProgression defaults to
undefined.  I’d guess that if tb_rtl is true you’d set
TextLayoutFormat.blockProgression = BlockProgression.TB.  Similar for
rl_ltr.  I don’t think both should be true at the same time for a test.

HTH,
-Alex

Re: [TLF] Bugs and help to fix TLF

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 3/22/15, 11:21 PM, "piotrz" <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Yesterday I have fixed couple of new tests in our TLF. Currently we are
>having 591 runnable. :)

Thanks for working on this.

>4) Lately I wrote class which helps loading configuration for tests.
>Example
>of such configuration [2]
>This config file is setup initial data for test "bug2819924Case3Test".
>
>Question here - I don't really know and can't find how to use and what is
>the meaning of
>
><TestData name="tb_rtl">false</TestData>
><TestData name="rl_ltr">false</TestData>

Don’t know for sure, but I’d guess it is the setup of BlockProgression and
Direction values.  It may not be hooked up correctly though.

-Alex

Re: [TLF] Bugs and help to fix TLF

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harbs,

I hope you will get back soon to us :) We definitely miss for your
experience with TLF. :)

Piotr

-----

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
I’d like to look at these, but I have very limited time until about April 20 or so.

Harbs