Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by david garcia <mr...@yahoo.com> on 2002/04/24 01:43:20 UTC

Re: Parameter mask Usage. . .

 I was going to use it to change the email address on each request  test1@mydomain.com. . . .testN@mydomain.com
which from what I can gather it seems like exactly what it is supposed to do, however I wasn't sure. My biggest problem is a frustration similar to yours. I am trying to parse contents from one request and use the parsed data in another. My request when sent looks like:
 http://staging.clientsite.com/
but gets rewritten to look like this:
Sampling url: http://staging.clientsite.com/tier1/OwnersLogin?TYPE=33554433&REALMOID=06
-3c910fef-c08c-0089-0000-207f0000207f&GUID=&SMAUTHREASON=0&TARGET=http://sm.clientsite.
com/member/OwnersLogin
What is the best way to deal with this. Does that mean you put a link parser before every request or will one link parser work for all subsequent HTTP requests? My simple Test plan is shown below:
ThreadGroup

|-HTTP Defaults
|-Cookie Manager
|-Http Request to /
 + --------+ Modification Manager

           +----Link Parser
            |----HTTP Request To Login -This one gets the parsed Values and has params GUID, TYPE, RELMOID, SMAUTHREASON, etc set to ".*"
            |----HTTP Request To view preferences - Is this one supposed to get the parsed values too right now it isn't even when I put a parser right before it??? BTW It has all the

Yet when I run it I never even get to the View preferences page even though It successfully requests the "/" and "login" page. There is no error it just never executes the request to view preferences. A look at the View Results graph will show only the login page, never the preferences page.

  Tanya Powell <po...@your-system.de> wrote: Hi David,
in my case, it didn't do anything. And honestly, I didn't understand fully
what it does and I can't get it back in to any test script so I can't even
look at it. :-)

The Parameter Mask does not handle responses, so I guess it modifies requests
as in loops etc. but that's opnly a guess.

Have you got a Parameter Mask in your Test? If your interested: how did you
get it there?

Tanya

Am Tuesday 23 April 2002 22:23 schriebst Du:
> Congratulations on getting that working. I still don't understand what the
> parameter mask does though, and the documentation for it makes no sense to
> me. What do you use it for?
>
> -David-

Your System Softwareentwicklung, Web, Datenbanken
Turnerstr. 3 Fon: +49 (0)40 4321 359-0
D-20357 Hamburg Fax: +49 (0)40 4321 359-9
mailto:powell@your-system.de http://www.your-system.de

Re: Parameter mask Usage. . .

Posted by Tanya Powell <po...@your-system.de>.
Hi David,

I think you need another Modification Controller and another Link Parser
after your response from the login request. (thinking of the fact that the
link parser is active on the response to the previous request.) I'm not sure
if the Modification Controller has to be nested in the first Modification
Controler, but that works in my script.

Tanya