Posted to users@maven.apache.org by janee <Ja...@MEDecision.com> on 2008/02/06 21:50:42 UTC

ClearCase UCM baseline release before bumping version

Is there a way to configure release:prepare to deliver and baseline the
release POMs after it commits and tags them and before it bumps the POMs to
the new development version and commits them? I am using ClearCase LT UCM on
Windows.

Re: ClearCase UCM baseline release before bumping version

Posted by janee <Ja...@MEDecision.com>.
I have found a way to use maven to create both a release baseline
(non-SNAPSHOT) and a new development baseline.  It isn't pretty and I'd
still like to know if there's a simpler way.

Here are the steps I followed to release version and 1.0.1 and start work on
1.0.2-SNAPSHOT:

1) Create a ClearCase UCM activity in an up to date development view with no
checkouts.

2) Run mvn release:prepare specifying the same release version number for
both release and new development (1.0.1). The second round of commits will
fail, but that's okay.

3) Undo checkouts, deliver release POMs and baseline (do NOT run
release:clean).

4) Run mvn release:rollback to restore the original development version
(1.0.1-SNAPSHOT).

5) Run mvn release:prepare specifying the release version (1.0.1) and the
desired new development version (1.0.2-SNAPSHOT). Be sure to select a new
tag label.

6) Deliver new development POMs, baseline and recommend the baseline for new
development.

It seems to me that scm:tag should be able to deliver and baseline the
ClearCase project when using ClearCase UCM. Perhaps this could be an option.