Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Arno Bauer <ar...@gmx.li> on 2006/06/21 12:10:29 UTC

history snapshot

Hi there,

I'm working with subversion just a few weeks now and
trying to get a history snapshot like in cvs ...

  cvs history -c -D startDate -u aUser

... which means 'Give me all changes of user <aUser>
since <startDate>'.

Is there a way to do this with svn (remote) ?

svn list -r {2006-06-21} -v -R
-> gives me all files on the server, not only the changes.
Additional parameter --username does not seem to have
the effect as wished.

svn log -r {2006-06-21} -v
-> not working recursively.

Many thanks in advance!

Arno

Re: history snapshot

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jun 21, 2006, at 14:10, Arno Bauer wrote:

> I'm working with subversion just a few weeks now and
> trying to get a history snapshot like in cvs ...
>
>   cvs history -c -D startDate -u aUser
>
> ... which means 'Give me all changes of user <aUser>
> since <startDate>'.
>
> Is there a way to do this with svn (remote) ?

I saved this message just for you:

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2005-09/0992.shtml

:-)

Re: RE: history snapshot

Posted by Arno Bauer <ar...@gmx.li>.
Ok, the answer is 'do it yourself, there is no build in way in svn'.
I use Windows/Cygwin, thought I could save the time for writing a script :).

Thanks

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:14:44 -0400
Von: jason@subversus.org
An: \'Arno Bauer\' <ar...@gmx.li>, users@subversion.tigris.org
Betreff: RE: history snapshot

> You could parse out the results from svn log to do what you want.
>
> svn log -r{2006-06-21}:HEAD -v
>
> And from that, you could extract the revs that are committed by a
> particular
> author.
>
> What OS are you running on?  Do you have a language such as Perl / Python
> /
> etc installed on the system?

RE: history snapshot

Posted by ja...@subversus.org.