Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at> on 2007/05/31 10:53:28 UTC

[Fulcrum] security/torque is broken ....

Hi folks,

the last fix wfor HsqlDB.java as probably not successful - you have to
parse any SQL file and execute individual SQL statements. As I mentioned
early I made the same mistake (plus two more) a while ago for a customer
project.

A few idea

+) can we use the fulcrum-hsqldb component to run the database (avoid
code duplication & eat your own dog food)

+) I might crank out a fulcrum-sqlscript service tonight (unfortunatly
this is the most boring work on the planet - how many thousands similiar
  thingies were written on this planet)

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Re: [Fulcrum] security/torque is broken ....

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <th...@tewisoft.de>.
Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
> I'm pretty much sure that the DB schema is not created properly. You
> last change basically skipped splitting the SQL file into individual SQL
> statements and IMO this does not work.

Again, it worked for me. I ran the tests several times without problems.

Bye, Thomas.

Re: [Fulcrum] security/torque is broken ....

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Thomas,

see my comments below

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
>> the last fix wfor HsqlDB.java as probably not successful - you have to
>> parse any SQL file and execute individual SQL statements. As I mentioned
>> early I made the same mistake (plus two more) a while ago for a customer
>> project.
> It works for me (TM). I ran the tests successfully. What doesn't work?

I'm pretty much sure that the DB schema is not created properly. You
last change basically skipped splitting the SQL file into individual SQL
statements and IMO this does not work.

>> A few idea
>>
>> +) can we use the fulcrum-hsqldb component to run the database (avoid
>> code duplication & eat your own dog food)
> +1
>
> As you are at it, could you please have a look at the gump-build
> problems that the component has?

I had a look a while ago and the problem is that the tests hang starting
with hsqldb-1.8.0.4. I comment out the offending test and upgraded to
latest version of hsqldb which should also fix gump

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.