Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/29 06:52:30 UTC

[Axis2] Maven issue

Hi all,
I have come across this build problem and seems to be stuck there.Any
help is greatly appreciated (BTW this is really a mail that should go
to Maven mailing list but I wanted to check whether any of you can
offer me a quick remedy)
Ok here goes the problem.
For the Maven build to automatically download the stax jar files I
added the following dependencies to the project.xml file

<dependency>
            <groupId>stax</groupId>
            <artifactId>stax</artifactId>
            <version>1.1.1-dev</version>
            <properties>
                <module>true</module>
            </properties>
           <url>http://dist.codehaus.org/stax/jars/</url>
        </dependency>
	<dependency>
            <groupId>stax</groupId>
            <artifactId>stax-api</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
            <properties>
                <module>true</module>
            </properties>
	<url>http://dist.codehaus.org/stax/jars/</url>
        </dependency>

I believe that Maven creates the URL by appending the url, artifactId
and version together with the .jar extension
So I presume that the created URLs should be
http://dist.codehaus.org/stax/jars/stax-1.1.1-dev.jar and
http://dist.codehaus.org/stax/jars/stax-api-1.0.jar

However although the respectives jars are there and can be downloaded
without a problem through IE, Maven fails!
I even switched off my firewall thinking it was the problem but it
still fails :(

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [Axis2] Maven issue

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
The remedy Tomasz suggested was absolutely right.( I made use of a
Http monitor tool to dig down and found out that the URL's are
actually made using the maven.repo.remote property) So basically I
modified the project.properties file.
We will update the repository with the latest code tomorrow (we were
kind of reluctant to check in the new code since it needs stax for
compilation)

Thanks again for the advice

BTW - Chinthaka might have added the entry but slightly erroneously.
So we failed to identify the solution earlier

--
Ajith Ranabahu

RE: [Axis2] Maven issue

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.

>>On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:52:30 +0600, Ajith Ranabahu
>><aj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>> For the Maven build to automatically download the stax jar files I
>>> added the following dependencies to the project.xml file
>>>
>>> <dependency>
>>>             <groupId>stax</groupId>
>>>             <artifactId>stax</artifactId>
>>>             <version>1.1.1-dev</version>
>>>             <properties>
>>>                 <module>true</module>
>>>             </properties>
>>>            <url>http://dist.codehaus.org/stax/jars/</url>
>>>         </dependency>
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>> I believe that Maven creates the URL by appending the url, artifactId
>>> and version together with the .jar extension
>>> So I presume that the created URLs should be
>>> http://dist.codehaus.org/stax/jars/stax-1.1.1-dev.jar and
>>> http://dist.codehaus.org/stax/jars/stax-api-1.0.jar
>>
>>As far as I know maven do not build urls using <url> element.
>>You have to add http://dist.codehaus.org to maven.repo.remote
>>system property.
>>So
>>maven -
>>Dmaven.repo.remote=http://dist.codehaus.org/,http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/
>>yourGoalsHere
>>should work (I'm not sure it urls should ends with '/').

we did this thing earlier also but it didn't work (for some reason :( ). We
basically put the said entry in the project.properties file.

Can we host these jars in our own places and create links for that. I just
want to know the license issues ...

Thoughts ...... ??

Thankx and regards,

Eran Chinthaka

Re: [Axis2] Maven issue

Posted by Tomasz Pik <to...@gmail.com>.
<aj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,

[...]

> For the Maven build to automatically download the stax jar files I
> added the following dependencies to the project.xml file
>
> <dependency>
>             <groupId>stax</groupId>
>             <artifactId>stax</artifactId>
>             <version>1.1.1-dev</version>