Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Степан Гащишин <st...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/16 20:49:08 UTC

Segment Tar based Sling clustering

Hello,

I am curious about the available ways to cluster sling, and from current
standpoint I can observe next 3 options:
- obviously Mongo based deployment
- Segment Tar based deployment ( where two instances of Sling will use the
same, mounted repository folder)
- remote Oak deployment ( where two Slings will access standalone Oak
server, which will use Tar based repo inside)

My concerns are about latest 2 options. In theory i suppose third option
may be possible to work. And i majorly doubt regarding the second.

So that I want to ask community to describe if such ways of clustering are
possible, and maybe there are some extra which i missed.

Thank you in advance,
Stepan

Re: Segment Tar based Sling clustering

Posted by Степан Гащишин <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you all very much, we've got the same results, and now with the
confirmation from community we could for sure take a look at different
options.

Stepan

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Ah, yes, that does makes sense.

Posted by Nicolas Peltier <np...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Nicolas Peltier <np...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Note that option 2 is the easiest option in case you are clustering for read only (high availability scenario)

On 19/11/2018 12:27, "Julian Sedding" <js...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi Stepan

    This question is better suited for the Jackrabbit Oak list.

    But here's my take anyways:

    I am pretty sure that option 2 is not possible, because Segment Tar
    assumes that the files are private to a single VM instance.

    If I understand you correctly, in option 3 you are considering to use
    some sort of remoting (e.g. RMI). While this may theoretically work, I
    don't think you would get any (many?) of the benefits of a cluster.

    Bottom line: Jackrabbit Oak offers different persistence options. Only
    Mongo and RDBMS can be clustered. Segment Tar is implemented for a
    different use-case (small, fast, independant instances).

    Regards
    Julian

Posted by Julian Sedding <js...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stepan