Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jens Reufsteck <je...@hobsons.de> on 2008/01/23 19:12:30 UTC

outputBufferSize doesn't work on Cocoon 2.1.9?

Hi all,

I need to process a large file and used a noncaching-pipeline with
outputBufferSize=0 on Cocoon 2.1.7. Worked fine - apart from multithreading
problems, which made me change to a newer version of Cocoon.

On 2.1.9 outputBufferSize doesn't seem to have any effect. Output is always
buffered to the end. I've also tried setting this on a pipe-level, didn't
help. The only hint I found in the mail archives is a similar post some time
ago - unfortunately without answer. Any hint would be welcome!

Second question: I used to use non-caching=true. Now, it seems to be
type=noncaching. Has this changed? Is it still the same mechanism?

Thanks a lot for any hint!

Jens Reufsteck

--
Jens Reufsteck
Hobsons GmbH

Tel: +49 (69) 255 37-140
Fax: +49 (69) 255 37-2140

http://www.hobsons.de
http://www.hobsons.ch

Geschäftsführung:
Christopher Letcher, Judith Oppitz, Adam Webster
Amtsgericht Frankfurt HRB 58610

Re: outputBufferSize doesn't work on Cocoon 2.1.9?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Jens Reufsteck wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to process a large file and used a noncaching-pipeline with
> outputBufferSize=0 on Cocoon 2.1.7. Worked fine - apart from multithreading
> problems, which made me change to a newer version of Cocoon.
>
> On 2.1.9 outputBufferSize doesn't seem to have any effect. Output is always
> buffered to the end. I've also tried setting this on a pipe-level, didn't
> help. The only hint I found in the mail archives is a similar post some time
> ago - unfortunately without answer. Any hint would be welcome!

I briefly looked at the code of 2.1.9 and it seems that there is a
potential problem. Could you please debug and see how often
org.apache.cocoon.environment.AbstractEnvironment#getOutputStream(int)
is called during the request processing and with which int values?

> Second question: I used to use non-caching=true. Now, it seems to be
> type=noncaching. Has this changed? Is it still the same mechanism?
Where did you use this "non-caching=true"? Afaik the correct way has
always been type="noncaching" :)

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler