Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/28 17:27:20 UTC

How do I deploy Daytrader on AG 2.0?

After building Daytrader from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/daytrader/trunk I tried deploying
it on AG 2.0 trunk build as below:
1) Created the DaytraderDatabase using
...\bin\dbscripts\derby\createDerbyDB.bat
2) Deployed ...\modules\ear\target\daytrader-ear-2.0-SNAPSHOT.ear using
...\plans\daytrader-g-2.0-SNAPSHOT-plan.xml

Although deploy:distribute succeeds, start of configuration is failing with
the following errors:
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of
org.apache.geroni
mo.daytrader/daytrader/2.0-SNAPSHOT/car failed
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startCon
figuration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:547)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startCon
figuration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:511)
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
Configuratio
n org.apache.geronimo.daytrader/daytrader_web.war/2.0-SNAPSHOT/car failed to
sta
rt due to the following reasons:
  The service J2EEApplication=org.apache.geronimo.daytrader
/daytrader/2.0-SNAPSH
OT/car,j2eeType=WebModule,name=web.war did not start because Throwable
during st
art of gbean:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start:
LifecycleExcepti
on:  java.io.IOException: Context did not start for an unknown reason
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal
(ContainerBase
.java:765)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(
ContainerBase.java:74
1)

I also see numerous errors getting thrown on Geronimo's command shell:
20:48:48,517 WARN  [TomcatWebAppContext] TomcatWebAppContext failed
20:48:48,517 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now
in th
e FAILED state: abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.daytrader
/daytrader/2.0-SNAPSH
OT/car?J2EEApplication=org.apache.geronimo.daytrader
/daytrader/2.0-SNAPSHOT/car,
j2eeType=WebModule,name=web.war"
java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start:
LifecycleExcepti
on:  java.io.IOException: Context did not start for an unknown reason
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal
(ContainerBase
.java:765)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(
ContainerBase.java:74
1)

- Shiva

Re: How do I deploy Daytrader on AG 2.0?

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
FYI

DayTrader deploys and runs successfully on AG trunk build after applying
YunFeng's patch https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3211. Thanks
again YunFeng.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
The first few errors getting thrown on Geronimo's command shell are these:
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Could not resolve reference
at d
eploy time for query
?name=persistence/daytrader#org.apache.geronimo.persistence
.PersistenceUnitGBean. No GBeans found.
        at
org.apache.geronimo.persistence.builder.PersistenceContextRefBuilder.
checkForGBean(PersistenceContextRefBuilder.java:205)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.persistence.builder.PersistenceContextRefBuilder.
buildNaming(PersistenceContextRefBuilder.java:119)