Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by dave Cheseldine <is...@bangor.ac.uk> on 2001/04/11 13:15:52 UTC

Undefined variable: xspAttr: "row-results"

Sorry, last email did not specify the error message
in full.  Should have read

Undefined variable: xspAttr: "row-results"

this error is occurring during compilation of esql.xsp which is as follows:

<xsp:page
          language="java"
          xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"

  <page>

   <title>A Database Driven XSP Page 2</title>

   <content>

      <esql:connection>
        <esql:pool>foo_connection</esql:pool>
        <esql:execute-query>

         <esql:query>select COMPANY from STOCKS
         </esql:query>
          <esql:results>
            <esql:row-results>
              <para>
                <esql:get-string column="todays_high"/>
              </para>
            </esql:row-results>
          </esql:results>
      </esql:execute-query>

    </esql:connection>

   </content>
  </page>
</xsp:page>

Re: Undefined variable: xspAttr: "row-results"

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Anders Högqvist wrote:

> Hi!
>
> First of all you must put a ; after your SELECT statement.

No.  Oracle chokes on that.  And that doesn't explaing the
problems he is having.

With the variable xspAttr, I am asumming you are using Cocoon 2?
This usually happens when you have methods that issue SAX events,
and the author of the taglib forgot to add the xspAttr variable.

Posted by Anders Högqvist <ho...@hotmail.com>.
Hi!