Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Shaik Asifullah <s....@gmail.com> on 2018/08/21 08:18:21 UTC

Monitoring Apache Storm Trident Topology for Kafka Consumer Lags

Hi,
I am using Apache Storm Trident (1.2.1) for micro-batching. The main idea
of my topology is to modify messages from Kafka a little and push it to
Database.  I am using KafkaSpoutOpaque for one time semantics. Can someone
please suggest regarding monitoring the topology for Kafka Consumer Lags. I
realised that I cannot be using storm-kafka-monitor since offsets for
Trident topologies are maintained in Storm Zookeeper rather than Kafka
Zookeeper. Is there anyway to solve this?

Thanks,
Shaik Asifullah

Re: Monitoring Apache Storm Trident Topology for Kafka Consumer Lags

Posted by Joshua Martell <jo...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that sounds right.  In the UI, you'll need to click "Show System
Stats" as metrics consumer bolts are hidden by default. The log will have
lots of detailed information including the metrics that power the UI.

Docs:
V1 http://storm.apache.org/releases/1.2.2/Metrics.html
V2 http://storm.apache.org/releases/1.2.2/metrics_v2.html

Joshua