Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Aaron Suddjian <aa...@preset.io> on 2022/02/24 04:52:46 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE][SIP-74] Breaking Changes to include in Superset 2.0 -- and next steps

Hi everyone,

The vote for SIP-74 is now closed. The vote PASSED with a whopping 17
binding +1 votes, 0 non-binding, and 0 against.

Thank you all for your efforts and votes on this SIP!

*Next steps:*

We need to set up a protected GitHub branch lts-v1, then we can start
merging breaking changes on master. I have put together a kanban board to
track the 2.0 tasks from the SIP:
https://github.com/orgs/apache/projects/32/

Would someone who knows how to alter GitHub settings help with setting up
the lts-v1 branch, and then announce on the devlist and on Slack that we
intend to begin merging breaking changes on master? There is a task for
that in the project linked above. This branch will also need to behave like
a main branch in CI, but feel free to split that into a separate task if
desired.

--
Aaron Suddjian, Software Engineer at Preset