Posted to users@apex.apache.org by chiranjeevi vasupilli <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/17 09:26:58 UTC

settng property using * not working

Hi team,

In my application i wnat to set one of teh property to multiple operators.
i have used the * instead of Operator name. But it is not setting.

*\"dt.application.app1.operator.*.prop.strtDate\":\"$strtDate\",*

can you please suggest , how i can set a property for multiple operators
having the same property name.

--
ur's
chiru

Re: settng property using * not working

Posted by Munagala Ramanath <ra...@datatorrent.com>.
Could you please provide additional details ? Are you doing this in code or
from a properties file ?
If from a properties file, please paste the complete XML fragment; if from
code please show the
complete code fragment. Where is the $strtDate variable defined ? How are
you determining that
"it is not setting" ?

There are several examples at
https://github.com/DataTorrent/examples/tree/master/tutorials
where the properties.xml uses exactly this syntax, for instance:
filter/src/main/resources/META-INF/properties.xml

Ram

Posted by AJAY GUPTA <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chiranjeevi,

I tried with the sample RandomNumberGenerator App. And I was able to set
the property for multiple operators.

Below is my properties.xml file

*<?xml version="1.0"?>*

*<configuration>*

*  <property>*

*
<name>dt.application.MyFirstApplication.operator.randomGenerator.prop.numTuples</name>*

*    <value>1000</value>*

*  </property>*

*  <property>*

*
<name>dt.application.MyFirstApplication.operator.*.prop.stringFormat</name>*

*    <value>hello world: %s</value>*

*  </property>*

*</configuration>*

What mechanism are you using to set the properties?

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 11:22 AM, chiranjeevi vasupilli <chiru.vcj@gmail.com

Fwd: settng property using * not working