Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/01 01:24:54 UTC

r0.1 tracking in JIRA

All,
Nour, Rob and myself had an skype call yesterday evening regarding an
approach to manage the v0.1 release.  The plan we came up with was to
use JIRA, with a ticket for each main component (or group of
components).  I'm posting this here for visibility/comments.

The proposal for the 0.1 release is to create a JIRA ticket for each of
the following:

Core (Lead: Dan Haywood)
AppLib (Lead: Dan Haywood)
Defaults (Lead: Dan Haywood)
Alternatives: Bytecode (Lead: Dan Haywood)
Alternatives: Embedded (Lead: Dan Haywood)
Alternatives: ObjectStore: NoSQL (Lead: Robert Matthews)
Alternatives: ObjectStore: SQL (Lead: Kevin Meyer)
Alternatives: ObjectStore: XML (Lead: Robert Matthews)
Alternatives: ProfileStore: XML (Lead: Robert Matthews)
Alternatives: ProgModel: Groovy (Lead: Dan Haywood)
Alternatives: ProgModel: Wrapper (Lead: Dan Haywood)
Alternatives: Security: LDAP (Lead: Robert Matthews)
Viewer: BDD (Lead: Dan Haywood)
Viewer: DnD (Lead: Robert Matthews)
Viewer: HTML (Lead: Robert Matthews)
Viewer: JUnit (Lead: Dan Haywood)
Viewer: Restful (Lead: Dan Haywood)
Viewer: Scimpi (Lead: Robert Matthews)
Viewer: Wicket (Lead: Dan Haywood)

NB: this combines all the core components into a single ticket; all the
default components into a single ticket, it excludes jpa objectstore,
mongodb objectstore, and remoting.

Each of these tickets will be used to track the status of:
1- Documentation (docbook PDF + site APT)
2- Review package names, Maven artifacts IDs, copyright notices.
3- For the alternatives and viewers, should have a module in the
support/prototype project

We also need a ticket for the archetype itself, to reverse engineer from
support/prototype into an archetype.

When all of these tickets are complete, then - in theory - r0.1 will be
ready for release.

If everyone is happy with this, then Nour has volunteered to enter these
tickets into JIRA and to track the status through to v0.1 release.

Cheers
Dan

Re: r0.1 tracking in JIRA

Posted by Kevin Meyer <ke...@kmz.co.za>.
Sounds good to me (+1).

Re: r0.1 tracking in JIRA

Posted by Kevin Meyer <ke...@kmz.co.za>.
Bernd,

While I 100% agree with you, the choice of label is not 100% trivial
either.

I have an occasional interest in words and enjoy thinking about
one or the other, especially when there is a choice.. but don't let
this distract from the real issues.

Re: r0.1 tracking in JIRA

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
+1 @ Bernd

/me At last I found something ti agree upon with Bernd :P

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

than your best."

"Stay hungry, stay foolish."
- Steve Jobs

Re: r0.1 tracking in JIRA

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Re: r0.1 tracking in JIRA

Posted by Kevin Meyer <ke...@kmz.co.za>.
[...]

co-ordinate[1]: to synchronise
maintain[2]: to keep up; to preserve

PS: A lot of tongue in cheek, in case you were wondering, but
I do prefer coordinator of maintainer, for the stated reasons.

[1] http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/coordinate
[2] http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/maintain

Re: r0.1 tracking in JIRA

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

Re: r0.1 tracking in JIRA

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Re: r0.1 tracking in JIRA

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
use the word 'coordinator' than?
Words are for sure important, but even more important is imo how the community _acts_. And that worked pretty well so far (attracting 3 new contributors itmt).

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bernd,