Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Emmanuel Gilmont <e....@ibelgique.com> on 2003/03/06 11:19:52 UTC

Problem when receiving mail...

Hi all,

My James mail server is behing a router/firewall (DLink DI804 for
information). I can send message from my lan and from the Internet, no
problem. People will receive my mails.

So, from the Internet (or from the internal lan, it's the same), I can use
SMTP and POP without problems. Note I use pop3s (port 995) and smtps (port
465).

But...

When I try to send a mail from a webmail account to my James account, I
receive an error telling me my server is not know. Does it means James must
have ports 110 and/or 25 open in order to receive mail from outside ?

Thanks,
Emmanuel