Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Kai Schlegel <ka...@googlemail.com> on 2015/07/22 17:20:02 UTC

Vertex data not persisted through supersteps

Hi everybody,

I encounter a strange behaviour in my Apache Giraph implementations.

In my computation I want to update a counter in my vertex data object. But in the end or even in the next superstep the counter is always zero. Do I forget something simple? Do I have to manually update the vertex value object?

Simple Example:

>> In compute:
MyVertextData vertexValue = vertex.getValue();
vertextvalue.increaseCounter();
…

<<

>> MyVertextData.class
…
private Integer counter = 0;

 @Override
    out.writeInt(this.counter);
}

@Override
    this.counter = in.readInt()
}

public void increaseCounter() {
    this.counter = this.counter + 1;
}
<<

Thank you in advance!

Greetings!
_____________________________
Kai Schlegel (M.Sc.)

Chair of Distributed and Multimedia Information Systems (Prof. Kosch)
University of Passau
Innstr. 43
94032 Passau

Room 248 ITZ

Tel.: +49 851 509 3063
Fax: +49 851 509 3062

schlegel@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de
http://www.dimis.fim.uni-passau.de
https://www.xing.com/profile/Kai_Schlegel5

Re: Vertex data not persisted through supersteps

Posted by Namesh Kher <na...@gmail.com>.
You could try setting the incremented value for the vertex in the current
superstep to get the correct value in the next one. May be that could help.

Namesh Kher