Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2013/03/07 13:11:35 UTC

[fileupload] dropping ant/gump related XML descriptors

Hi all guys,

while the Maven parent and specific component pom continue to evolve
during the time, last update on Ant files is back to 2010, gump
related files to 2007, I think it would make sense to drop them

Opinions?
TIA!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [fileupload] dropping ant/gump related XML descriptors

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12 March 2013 09:23, Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 5:16 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> BTW it all happens in
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/commons-proper.xml
>

> If I understand that correctly, the Gump build is already using Maven,
> isn't it?

Yes, I updated it a few days ago.

We don't yet know of it's working or not.

Re: [fileupload] dropping ant/gump related XML descriptors

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 5:16 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW it all happens in
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/commons-proper.xml

If I understand that correctly, the Gump build is already using Maven,
isn't it? Quoting:

  <project name="commons-fileupload" groupId="commons-fileupload">
    <package>org.apache.commons.fileupload</package>
    <description>Commons File Upload Package</description>
    <mvn2 basedir="fileupload" goal="package">
      <property name="skipTests" value="true"/>
    </mvn2>
    <!--
    Output from mvn dependency:list

    commons-io:commons-io:jar:2.2:compile
    javax.servlet:servlet-api:jar:2.4:provided
    junit:junit:jar:4.11:test
    org.hamcrest:hamcrest-core:jar:1.3:test
    portlet-api:portlet-api:jar:1.0:provided

    TODO: the following may need adjusting
    -->
    <option project="jakarta-servletapi-5-servlet"/>
    <option project="portals-pluto-api-1.0"/>
    <option project="commons-io"/>

    <work nested="fileupload/target/classes"/>
    <home nested="fileupload/target"/>

    <jar name="commons-fileupload-@@DATE@@.jar"/>

    <nag to="dev@commons.apache.org" from="Gump
&lt;issues@commons.apache.org&gt;"/>
  </project>

--
"That's what prayers are ... it's frightened people trying to make
friends with the bully!"

Terry Pratchett. The Last Hero

Re: [fileupload] dropping ant/gump related XML descriptors

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
> Done, but it will take some while to find out if the changes are
> correct, as Gump runs take several days at present.
>
> There's a problem that causes the Maven repo proxy to hang sometimes.
> See Gump list for details
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/201301.mbox/%3C87ehh5c1p8.fsf%40v35516.1blu.de%3E

Thanks a lot Seb, very appreciated!

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 07/03/2013 15:43, sebb wrote:
> On 7 March 2013 15:34, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 07/03/2013 12:11, Simone Tripodi wrote:
>>> Hi all guys,
>>>
>>> while the Maven parent and specific component pom continue to evolve
>>> during the time, last update on Ant files is back to 2010, gump
>>> related files to 2007, I think it would make sense to drop them
>>>
>>> Opinions?
>>
>> -1
>> build-gump.xml is still in use by Gump and a number of other projects
>> have dependencies on Commons FileUpload declared in Gump.
>
> I agree the build file cannot be dropped whilst it is still used by Gump,
> but can't we update FileUpload to use Maven for Gump builds?
> [Most other components now use Maven with Gump]
>
> If so, that would surely satisfy the dependencies?

Sure, but that wasn't what was being proposed.

Mark

Re: [fileupload] dropping ant/gump related XML descriptors

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
OK by me.