Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Annie Dumont <an...@univ-reunion.fr> on 2005/12/06 11:18:12 UTC

Trying to hide a part of sitetree

Hi all,

By using the site-tab of lenya, you can set a part of the sitetree to
"hidden" (Edition/Change node visibility).
In the sitetree.xml it corresponds to a parameter "visibleinnav" set to
"false".
But, the part of sitree i want to hide in the left menu is still visible.
Is there something to write elsewhere for this settings to run correctly ?
My lenya version is 1.2.3 and cocoon is 2.1.7
Cheers. annie

Re: Trying to hide a part of sitetree

Posted by Annie Dumont <an...@univ-reunion.fr>.
Hi Solprovider, hi all,

solprovider@apache.org a écrit :

>On 12/7/05, Annie Dumont <an...@univ-reunion.fr> wrote:
>

>> solprovider@apache.org wrote:
>> On 12/6/05, Annie Dumont <an...@univ-reunion.fr> wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> Try clearing the caches:
>>1. Delete everything in {pub}/work/cache/live
>>
>> Sorry, i don't have any {pub}/work/cache/ at all. Is this a mistake ?
>> Under work, i only have a search/  directory for lucene.
>>

>FILE: publication-sitemap.xmap
>The cache is created by:
>              <map:match pattern="live/**.html">
>                <map:transform
>src="../../xslt/authoring/edit/addSourceTags.xsl">
>                  <map:parameter name="source"
>value="{global:cache-dir}/live/{1}.html"/>
>                </map:transform>
>                <map:transform type="write-source">
>                  <map:parameter name="serializer" value="html-no-dtd"/>
>                </map:transform>
>                <map:transform
>src="../../xslt/authoring/edit/removeSourceTags.xsl"/>
>              </map:match>
>

>{global:cache-dir} is set by:
>      <global-variables>
>        <cache-dir>work/cache</cache-dir>
>      </global-variables>
>
>{1} is the URL after "live/"
>
>The filename cached is:
>       <map:parameter name="source" value="{global:cache-dir}/live/{1}.html"/>
>
>The default pub uses:
> "work/cache" + "/live/" + {path, id, and possibly language of
>document} + ".html"
>
>The directory is relative to the directory containing
>"publication-sitemap.xmap", which should be the {pub} directory, so
>the full path is:
>{pub}/work/cache/live/{path, id, and possibly language of document}.html
>
>The cache is used by:
>	  <map:select type="resource-exists">
>            <map:when test="{global:cache-dir}/{../1}.html">
>              <map:read src="{global:cache-dir}/{../1}.html"
>mime-type="text/html"/>
>This was disabled (for the wrong reasons and poorly) in 1.2.4, but
>should be active in 1.2.3.
>
>Did you change any of the code that creates the cache or determines
>its location?

I don't, but someonelse (asked for) does. I am as i said earlier in
lenya 1.2.3 but no <cache-dir> section is found in the
publication-sitemap.xmap. Should i add any ?

>>[...]
>> I put the menu xsl in attachment, but it is not very pretty : there are
>>still some old settings in comment ...
>>

>(*** SOLUTION IS HERE ***)
>Your menu.xsl is highly customized.  Someone deleted this line which
>removes the hidden entries:
><xsl:template match="nav:node[@visibleinnav = 'false']"/>
>

>Just add that line outside the other matches.

Ok, i did it. And this is ok now ! Thank you very much Solprovider.

Posted by so...@apache.org.
> [...]

mime-type="text/html"/>
This was disabled (for the wrong reasons and poorly) in 1.2.4, but
should be active in 1.2.3.

Did you change any of the code that creates the cache or determines
its location?

>  2. Restart Lenya.
>
> If #1 fixes it, then the cache is not noticing changing sitetree.xml
> requires it to rebuild all pages using the menus.
> If #2 fixes it, then sitetree.xml is not being reloaded after the change.
> If neither fixes it, then there is probably a bug. Did you customize
> menu.xsl?
>
>  2. does not fix it. So it's a bug ?
>  I put the menu xsl in attachment, but it is not very pretty : there are
> still some old settings in comment ...

(*** SOLUTION IS HERE ***)
Your menu.xsl is highly customized.  Someone deleted this line which

Just add that line outside the other matches.  You can look at the original at:
build\lenya\webapp\lenya\xslt\navigation\menu.xsl

The current entry was changed to be a link, which is silly because it
would link to the current page.  They also added:
   current="true"
to the selected entry. They probably did it to simplify the CSS.  I
dislike changing functionality to ease configuration.

solprovider

Re: Trying to hide a part of sitetree

Posted by Annie Dumont <an...@univ-reunion.fr>.
Hi Solprovider, hi all,