Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tony LaPaso <to...@abnamro.com> on 2001/04/06 19:16:39 UTC

??? Does Tomcat 4 b3 Support Reloading ???

Hello,

By reading the documentation, it seems Tomcat 4 b3 should support servlet
reloading but this does not seem to be the case.

After a fresh install of Tomcat 4 b3 I modified the SnoopServlet and the
change was *not* picked up even though the examples Context has
reloadable="true" specified.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is there a version of Tomcat that *does successfully reload changed
servlets?

Thanks.

Re: ??? Does Tomcat 4 b3 Support Reloading ???

Posted by Bo Xu <bo...@cybershop.ca>.
Tony LaPaso wrote:

> Hello,
>
> By reading the documentation, it seems Tomcat 4 b3 should support servlet
> reloading but this does not seem to be the case.
>
> After a fresh install of Tomcat 4 b3 I modified the SnoopServlet and the
> change was *not* picked up even though the examples Context has
> reloadable="true" specified.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?
>
> Is there a version of Tomcat that *does successfully reload changed
> servlets?
>
> Thanks.

Hi :-)   from my work, I also can not auto-reload MyServlet with
jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b(2/3)(standalone, JDK1.3, winnt40).  but with
jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b1(standalone, JDK1.3, winnt40), auto-reloading
works Well,   and please notice that only those MyServlet classes which
are in WEB-INF/classes(WEB-INF/lib with jar-style?) can be auto-reloaded.

Bo
April.06, 2001