Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Rohit <rs...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/20 12:32:14 UTC

"Method not supported" error facing GenerateTableFetch and QueryDatabaseTable processor

Hi,

I trying to read hive table using QueryDatabaseTable processor and when i
executed my flow, i am getting below error.

""'
2018-03-20 00:42:20,717 ERROR [Timer-Driven Process Thread-5]
o.a.n.p.standard.GenerateTableFetch
GenerateTableFetch[id=3ddee0d9-0162-1000-7696-273b8816bcff] Unable to
execute SQL select query SELECT COUNT(*) FROM table2 due to
java.sql.SQLException: Method not supported: {}
java.sql.SQLException: Method not supported""'

and also tried with GenerateTableFetch but facing same error.

QueryDatabaseTable1.PNG
<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/t927/QueryDatabaseTable1.PNG>
QueryDatabaseTable2.PNG
<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/t927/QueryDatabaseTable2.PNG>
QueryDatabaseTable3.PNG
<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/t927/QueryDatabaseTable3.PNG>

Thanks,
RohitC

Re: "Method not supported" error facing GenerateTableFetch and QueryDatabaseTable processor

Posted by Rohit <rs...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Matt for reply...

So is there any other way to read data from have table into batches because
my table having millions of row and i am using NiFi 1.3

I tried with below processor:-

1. ExecuteHQL(Customer processor of Kylo) -- creating single file to
downstream.
2. SelectHiveQL - "Max Rows Per Flow File" property not supporting NiFi
1.3.0
3. GenerateTableFetch and QueryDatabaseTable

Re: "Method not supported" error facing GenerateTableFetch and QueryDatabaseTable processor

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
Rohit,

Hive is not supported by the database fetch processors yet, there is a
Jira [1] and some PRs [2],[3] under review to add this capability.

Regards,
Matt

[2] https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/1281
[3] https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2507