Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de> on 2002/06/20 21:46:57 UTC

test cases

Hi all,
I've accumulated quit a few testcases from the bugzilla
bug reports.
Some are working now, some still produce errors.
We don't have an explicit test data directory yet.
Should I create one?

J.Pietschmann

Re: test cases

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
The testing as described here:
http://xml.apache.org/fop/testing.html

that is capable of running the w3c testsuite (and getting lots of errors
etc.).

This is only really about testing the layout. It sort of works but is
possibly a bit early for these type of tests.

I can see a need for other types of tests that do unit tests on parts of
FOP. We could even supply some code for things like threading
performance testing that people can try.

We should determine a directory structure that can encompass this, such
as other projects have for testing.

I have recently put some svg tests under test/resources/fop/svg and we
could have other resources for images etc.

(the docs/examples/tests directory is the old place)

Regards,
Keiron

Re: test cases

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch>.
Hi Jörg

I think there is one: test. Keiron, was that you who created it in the
first place? I must admit that I've never looked into this directory,
yet. Does the stuff in there work?

> I've accumulated quit a few testcases from the bugzilla
> bug reports.
> Some are working now, some still produce errors.
> We don't have an explicit test data directory yet.
> Should I create one?

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki