Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by GQsm <na...@blazinhot.com> on 2008/02/01 22:23:26 UTC

Spam email gets through with X-Spam-Score header present but no score.

Sorry if this is old hat. I've googled a lot, searched the archived mailing
list and read a lot of FAQs but have found nothing on this problem.

I have had a few spam emails recently that got straight through to my inbox.

On inspection the header shows

I thought that every email that went through SA would receive a real number
score whether spam or not and under no instance should the score be
non-exsistent.

Below is most of the header from the latest email of this kind.
Has anyone any ideas what's going on and how I fix it?

Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2008 17:18:56 +0300
From: "Andrea Speerforck" <li...@liederschmiede.de>
To: myemail@mycompany.com
Subject: For every men of different ages unique decision

Re: Spam email gets through with X-Spam-Score header present but no score.

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 09:23:26PM -0000, GQsm wrote:
> I thought that every email that went through SA would receive a real number
> score whether spam or not and under no instance should the score be
> non-exsistent.

It depends how you have things setup, but if the mail gets to SA, then it
would generally have a score and such, yes.

> Below is most of the header from the latest email of this kind.
> Has anyone any ideas what's going on and how I fix it?

How big was this mail, and how do you call SA?  There's no
X-Spam-Checker-Version header.

My guess is either a problem with a third-party tool (milter, etc,)
or the message had those headers and it's > the max message size and
you use spamc.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"Only your father could take a part-time job at a small town paper,